simulation engines optimized for large-scale industrial simulations.
The public versions of LIGGGHTS® and CFDEM®coupling (www.cfdem.com) already come with wide range of functionality and unrivaled performance. A benchmark study for performance of LIGGGHTS® for a variety of industrial processes can be found here. If you need to go beyond the capabilities of the public versions of LIGGGHTS® and CFDEM®coupling , we offer our industrial customers access to a set of premium functionalities:
- Advanced post-processing and spatial/temporal averaging
- Multi-sphere capability for non-spherical particles
- Adaptive MPI load-balancing on-the-fly
- A 6 dof solver that allows to integrate the motion of a mesh body based on interaction forces with particles
- CFD-DEM simulations with rotating geometries or moving reference frame
- 3 phase CFD-DEM (fluid, gas, solid) using the VOF (Volume of Fluid) or Euler-Euler techniques
The premium versions come with a package of support and an own code repository for each customer . Code and model development and customer-specific data are then handled via this repository. Note that the open source license does not conflict at all with confidentiality. When you use LIGGGHTS® or CFDEM®coupling, the confidentiality of your data, simulations and results is guaranteed at all time.