CFDEM®workbench - Overview
A DEM simulation workflow for the LIGGGHTS® DEM engine: Cutting-edge flow simulation technology available to researchers and engineers.
Premium versions of LIGGGHTS® and CFDEM®coupling
simulation engines optimized for large-scale industrial simulations.
CFDEM®workbench - STARTER
CFDEM®workbench-STARTER covers basic geometry creation or import (IGES, STEP), meshing, DEM simulation setup, DEM simulation run, post-processing and data analysis. It is under commerical license, but free.
>CFDEM®workbench-PRO< comes with additional features on top of CFDEM®workbench-STARTER.
CFDEM®workbench - PRO
CFDEM®workbench-PRO comes with additional features on top of CFDEM®workbench-STARTER :
- More Contact Models (cohesion, liquid bridge, rolling friction, contact)
- Complex Shapes and Particle Size Distribution (full size distribution, Multi-Sphere representation, Superquadrics upcoming)
- Complex Particle Insertion (unlimited insert streams, unlimited “fill region” & “fill geometry”)
- More Physical Models (heat transfer, prescribed motion, attrition, custom particle force)
- Fluid Coupling (one way coupled to const. flow field, flow field import)
- Complex Meshes (unlimited number of meshes, unlimited mesh complexity (number of elements), complex mesh motion patterns, force controlled mesh motion)
- Complex Projects (unlimited number of derived simulations and parameter variations)
- Customization (user customized contact models / fixes / computes)
- Complex Postprocessing (forces/torques on mesh, mass flow through mesh, residence time, mixing index, coordination number, force chains)
- Spatial & Temporal Averaging (e.g. velocity, volume fraction, temperature, custom properties)
- Wear Model & Conveyor Model